How can I register my ownership of the property (Transfer of Ownership Registration) after conveyance?

You can register your ownership by submitting application forms to the Legal Affairs Bureau.

Examination at the Legal Affairs Bureau will take one or two weeks after submission.
After the procedures of the registration are completed, you can obtain the certificate of your ownership.

Anyone can take the certificate by paying a ¥600 fee.

You should attach to the application form:
the certificate that the seller creates,
the seller’s stamp certificate,
the Registration Settled Certificate (the proof of the ownership that can only be issued for the owner and it is never issued at a second time.)
your Residential Certificate.

This very strict procedure ensures the security of the property transaction.

The procedures for property registration are very strict and difficult to understand for most people, so that a national qualified professional, Shihoshoshi Lawyer conducts the registration procedures.

For more information
Shihoshoshi Lawyer Akiko HORI

How to Buy a property in Japan

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.